any rotisserie available for Weber 26 incher?

Jamie Mathews

TVWBB Member
My wife wants me to get a rotisserie for poultry, but right now, my only kettle i sthe Weber 26.75 incher. Is there a rotisserie that fits that gril? Or do I need to get a 22.5 incher?

You can get an aftermarket rotisserie kit that fits in any grill, but Weber does not make one specifically for the 26 that I'm aware of.

Jamie, how about just doing some beer can chickens, as good or better than rotisserie. I do not believe there is a rotisserie for the 26er.

Originally posted by Noe:
Jamie, how about just doing some beer can chickens, as good or better than rotisserie. I do not believe there is a rotisserie for the 26er.
No roto ring that will fit the 26" that I am aware of. My preference is rotisserie chicken over beer can chicken any day. No disrespect Noe.

use dr pepper in place of beer.
Jamie, i have seen a rotis for a 26" kettle somewhere on line, butt i think the guy made it himself.
might be a good project.....
idea.gif

Beer can version. Tastes as good (actually, can't tell the difference) as rotis.

Beer issue discussed before. IMO, water is as good as anything.

I don't believe beer/wine/apple juice/whatever adds anything to the flavour.

I found the liquid level does not go down over the hour it takes to cook the birds.

You mention the 26 is your only kettle, do you have a WSM by chance? There are rotis out there that work with the WSMs. As mentioned, I haven't seen one for the 26 yet. Sounds like a reason for you to get another grill.

I agree with the spatchcock. It's my favorite way. Easy to do, quick to cook & clean. I don't even cook it direct anymore, just get a nice hot indirect fire, roast skin side up for 3/4 the time, then flip to finish.

An alternative is to buy a spit, fire up the grill, put chicken on the spit and ask your wife to spin it for an hour. Although, please report back with what she does with the spit after you say that
icon_smile.gif

Back