Any idea of a fair way to settle?

Seems super picky. If u want it pristine pony up the full amount. You saved $50 and got some minor imperfections. I don't see anything I couldn't live with. I would chaulk it up as water under the bridge. Cook on it and enjoy it or send it back and buy a new one.

I like how the kettle is so shiney you can see your wife is in the background like, "God! U have to put that thing together in the dining room" and "your worried about that little speck? OMG, look at your other grill out there, you never complained about that crappy looking thing until last week when you bought this."

I bought a new 26 from an authorized dealer and because I got the kettle for a discounted price(not full list) Weber were not going to honour the damage warranty. They said they would make an exception in this case but I bought the kettle at $50.00 below retail and then we found the damage BEFORE I took delivery not after. Oh by the way I am still waiting for my new lid they promises to ship!

I think in your case your only recourse is with the seller not Weber unless Weber chooses to help you and there is no good reason why they should. It's damaged in a number of areas and I would not want to pay more than $200.00 under those circumstances but that's just me.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?38048-26-5-quot-Kettle/page2

I'm happy to report that the seller is a real stand up guy and apologized for the dings on the kettle and refunded $75.00! I'm happy with the grill and with the final cost of purchase and I would not hesitate to purchase from the seller again! Now I'm looking for the best way to repair the damage or at least minimize it's appearence and am looking forward to my first use of the grill. I've owned a 22" kettle in the past but the 26.75" kettle really has alot more room than what just 4.75" more diameter sounded like when I was mulling over the purchase of either the 22 or the 26.75. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and encouragement concerning my problems with this grill!

Back