Ancho Cherry Baby Back Ribs with Root Beer Baked Beans

Thank you Cliff.

Now that I make my own bacon I can control the sodium to some degree. Also using dried beans and making my own low sodium baked bean broth I can replicate pretty close to canned baked beans, but it's still being perfected.
It's funny we had some store bought bacon we wanted to use up (I used to allow myself one slice once in awhile) it was so salty I couldn't eat it. So I know my homemade has some sodium in it but no where near the store bought stuff.

Rich,
Can you share your baked bean recipe using dried beans? what type etc. I'm also interested in your "low sodium" bacon.

I like to make my own ketchup and such to control sodium and sugar in my sauces and such. I'm going to take a stab at my own beans. I make beans all the time but would be curious as to which kind you use and what adjustments to typical baked bean recipes you might make.

Cliff
Excellent cook.
I have too try the 3-1-.5 and the bean recipe, i don't think ribs and beans can get any better than that.

Cliff,
This meal looks perfect. Never had that type of sauce, but it sounds great. I'm loving the baked beans! Thanks for sharing the details.

Back