Al Capones secret pasta sauce

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Al Capone's secret spaghetti recipe©Left: Wikipedia Right: NataBene/iStock
Al Capone was a known gourmand. The notorious gangster was known to swap the Tommy gun for a saucepan every now and then and cook his secret pasta sauce. According to his descendants, the mobster stashed away secret Italian sauce recipes discovered in the 1920s when the police raided his warehouses in search of bootleg booze.
Al Capone's Secret Spaghetti Recipe
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 cup parsley leaves
  • ¾ cup walnut pieces
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 1 lb. fresh or dried spaghetti
  • 2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • ½ cup chopped or sliced tomato for garnish
  1. In a large pot, bring four quarts of water to a boil. Add the salt and vegetable oil. Add the spaghetti slowly, allowing the water to boil continuously. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 10 minutes.
  2. Chop and blend the garlic, walnuts, and parsley, then pour all of the olive oil slowly into the mixture. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese and blend again.
  3. Twist a mound of spaghetti on each plate. The sauce should be ladled in the middle of the plate, moist enough to coat the spaghetti when tossed for presentation tableside.
  4. Sprinkle each dish with the additional Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and diced tomato.

I don't know if this is legit or not, but it was in a article of famous people recipes.

My Grandfather said that Al was a so and so, but he was good to everyday people, took care of them with bread lines and soup kitchens during the depression.
My Gramps was a carpenter and he talked of doing a porch for a woman on the southside.
When it came time for payday, black sedans rolled up and out pops Alfonso.
It was his mothers house, she was happy and so was he so he gave gramps a check.
He never cashed it.

When it came time for payday, black sedans rolled up and out pops Alfonso.
It was his mothers house, she was happy and so was he so he gave gramps a check.
He never cashed it.
Does the check still exist?

From my experience gangsters settle up with cash.

Back