Advice on cooking "Beef Bottom Sirloin Butt"

KenP

TVWBB Pro
Hey gang, I need advice cooking something I haven't cooked before: Beef Bottom Sirloin Butt.

Its a mighty big hunk of meat, about 15-18lbs I guess, that may have to be partitioned to fit on the WSM.

If you didn't guess, my Smoke day will at work cooking this thing, a pork loin and we have a large turkey. Oh my.

The loin I'm thinking grill and then cook indirect until done. Not sure about the bird.

The Bottom I want to cook overnight with a simple rub I can get at the store since I'll actually be pressed for time. Go figure.

What do you think? Any and all advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe I should cut it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I would.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Just read this. Maybe I should cut it up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link not working!

That piece refers to a tri-tip, a portion of a whole bottom sirloin. You'll have to separate the whole into individual roasts to get to the tri alone. The others are good too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

Link not working! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The link is working. You may want to try copying/pasting the URL into your browser address line if clicking the link does not work. You also need Adobe Reader installed, as it's a PDF.

Regards,
Chris

Hi Chris.

I get this:

403 Forbidden
Your client does not have permission to get URL /meatcharts_photos/tritip.pdf from this server.

when i copy the url.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Clark:

Link not working! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robert I had the same thing. Cleared cookies and cache and it worked fine.

Back