ABT - reheat question

Dennis Cramer

TVWBB Member
All,

I am goingto attempt my first try at ABT's tomorrow. I am planning on bringing them to a party but may have them done too early. Can I refrigerate and then reheat once I get to the party? Oven? Microwave?

Dennis

i wish i could be more help, but i have never had leftover ABT's. i would try the microwave at 50% power maybe. or a 350 oven for 30 minutes.

They taste great either way. As mentioned I have reheated a few in the microwave and they come out great. Ill bring some to work in a ziplock bag, well heat a couple in the wave for 30 seconds and they come out fine. Since you will be reheating more than just a few, a cookie sheet for 30 minutes or so at 275-300 seems about right. Your guests will not be disappointed I can assure you. Plus the oven will produce the great aroma...let em wait for 30 minutes...they will tear em up.

dude... sorta new here so searched for that on the site, didn't seen anything, just buffalo wings, so that makes me think that I know why you had leftovers...
icon_smile.gif
edited:sorry found them w/ bullitin board search, still learning stuff, thanks

I know I'm late on this one but I would reheat in the oven on a sheet pan. No reason other than just my prefference when bacon is involved.
icon_wink.gif

All,

Well they were a big hit!!! Made 40 and they were gobbled up instantly. Timing was perfect so I didn't have to reheat. Will be making more shortly. WOW.

Have to add my two cents for posterity - I always make a quadruple batch of ABTs and freeze them by the dozen. Take them straight from the freezer and heat them in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. It will recrisp the bacon and they will be just like new. I always have them in the freezer for impromptu parties or to take to friends' parties! Everybody loves them!

Melissa, great idea! I just did 2 doz. And while I was in the groove another couple of doz. for the freezer would have been a piece of cake........

Back