99 Weber Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Perry

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone!

I've been a long time lurker enjoying my Bullet for about 8 years now. I started dabbling in charcoal grilling the past few months with my Bullet and decided that I wanted to find a used Performer to rehab. My old Sears gasser needed about $120 in parts so I thought this was a good time to switch to Weber grills (used ones of course).

Well my sister-in-law found me a '99 Performer today at a garage sale and it only cost me $15! Here is a photo...

99performer.jpg

The grill is in really good shape and still has propane in the tank. It needed new grates and has some small dings and rust spots that need to be fixed. I'm not sure where I'm going to find a paint match for the green.

We had burgers and brats for dinner!

burgers.jpg

My wife bought me a Smokey Joe circa 1989 for $1! It is in really good shape as well! Just needs a light sanding and sealer on the handle and a minor rust fix underneath plus new grates.

89smokeyjoe.jpg

Finally, my wife also found this Weber Spirit 500 for $20! She still wanted a gasser for convenience. I think it is from 1997 or 1998 and it is in really good shape... burners, igniter, grates, flavorizer bars all in excellent condition. It needs some black paint on the sides. It matches my Performer!

97spirt500.jpg

Those are truly great finds Doug! Do you suppose that your wife and sister-in-law could find me a good deal on a used Genesis E-320?

Your wife is a hellofa woman! Wow!

On the Performer paint, I have the kettle part of a OTP that I am rehabbing and I've found some engine paint that is close to the color. I've not tried it yet. When I get around to it, I'll post some pics.

Looks like you've got a grill for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - you're well on your way to a week's worth of grilling and smoking!

Pat

That has to be the best $36 ever spent! Congrats!! You will love the performer, mine was the best $85 I ever spent.

Welcome -

I think in one post, you have the envy of pretty much 75% of this board with those finds.

That is a really good price for all three grills. I would ask the wife now to look for a WSM (Weber smokey mountain) aka the bullet, since she is so good at finding grills!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back