65 lbs of butts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Solin

TVWBB Super Fan
Raining weather here in Oregon all weekend, needed to create some pulled pork for Husky game this Saturday. Glad I have a carport. Setup three WSM's, sand in all waterpans, put meat on about 9:30pm. Had a total of eight butts, 6 large and two 5 pounders. Took awhile to get to temp since it was cold and a little windy. Checked smalled butts at 7:30am, they were at 198, pulled and wrapped in foil and put in hot bag, large butts were at 183. The big boys hit 200 at about 10:00am. Let rest for thirty minutes and then dug in. Took about 1 1/2 hours to pull and take care of all the butts. Ended up with 5 half pans of nice pork. Plenty of ends for batch of beans this Friday. Cooled off all trays outside for awhile and then put in freezer.

Will heatup at tailgater in our Klose mobile on Saturday. I love our WSM's, also love using sand in waterpan, easy cleanup and no worry about running out of water on overnighters.

Dennis
Jack and I will be there Saturday to help you consume this BBQ and get rid of some of those adult beverages. Really looking forward to a great time.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back