55 gallon barrel wind screen question

I'm far from a pro of any sort with this thing or subject - but I would think that having zero air flow would be the problem. Perhaps having a small gap at the bottom of the wind screen would allow appropriate air flow?

Just a thought?!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timothy:
Originally posted by David Verba:
I've been trying to find a solution for a windscreen. I first tried making a box with a buddy who said he was a carpenter. $118 later and I have one charlie brown looking wind screen. Scrapped that one.

How bad is it? pics would be nice..
For that kinda cash, I would think that you can at least try to do a remodel on what you have..

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, its pretty bad, I don't have a pic because I said the **** with it and left it as his house, I imagine its become firewood now. Lesson learned!

Bummer!!!!
I just use a 17 gallon metal washtub to set my WSM in. It's tall enough to block my lower vents from the wind, and as long as I set my top-vent downwind, I've never had a problem using it with sub-zero wind chills or gusts..

Tim

Back