4th of July Cooking

M D Baldwin

TVWBB Super Fan
For the 4th I am doing 2 full cut Briskets and a porkbutt/shoulder. I will be doing them on the 3rd for about 12-15 hours, foil them and then reheat them on the 4th. We are expecting about 45-60 people. I will be using Hickory with some Apple.
What is everyone else doing?

I'm due to cook some ribs, after doing butts, smoked turkey breast, and beer-can chicken the last few cooks. I hope somebody has a good sale this weekend.

I have two functions to attend for the 3rd and 4th. I will be cooking about 16lbs of Pork Butt's, 1-2 dozen corn, 3-6 racks of Baby Back's, possibly 3-4 whole chickens and whatever else my wife wants.

I will be heading to NC to celebrate the 4th, and I just ordered 7 tri-tip..... good times. Happy 4th to all!

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

I've got 40-45 people coming over so I will be doing 2 butts, 6 racks of baby backs, burgers, chili dogs, teriyaki chicken and steak, and for the vegetarians some grilled tofu. As far as sides go some baked beans, corn bread, orzo, potato and macaroni salad. I also just finished my first batch of bacon for the cheeseburgers. Dessert will be some cheesecake and some homemade espresso ice cream.

4 Butts for the hungry neighbors expected at our annual pool party
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Pork Spares!!!!! Going to try using Apple wood this time (maybe w/ Hickory just for a change). Oh and of course burgers and dogs for (most of) the kids.

I have 4 butts going on this Tuesday evening. Can't beat 99 cents a pound so I figured since I was planning on doing two I might as well smoke four and freeze what is left over!

The cook will be on Saturday because the out of towners are working retail on the 4th. I am leaning toward spareribs for Saturday, the alternate is the Herb Crusted Boneless Rib Roast. That is as far as the planning has gotten. Something in addition to brew will happen on the 4th.

Burgers and dogs/brats for the young and/or non adventurous...some steaks, two cornish hens, a rack of ribs for myself, and sides are a comin in with bacon baked beans, potato salad, green grape salad, kick booty cinnamon rolls (with Baily's Irish cream frosting!!! yum), flag jello poke cake with whipped topping frosting (also very yummy), corn on da cobb. Probably something else I can't remember. More then enough for 15 or so Adults with their kids!

I'll be doing some "Just Peachy" ribs from Richard Langer's book, "Where There's Smoke, There's Fire".

Is this the same Rich Langer who posts on this forum? I don't know. Kind of cool if true, though.

I think I'll cook a pork butt, and mebbe a couple of scallop stuffed mushroom caps. And I'll definitely be knocking back a few beers and making my neighbors jealous.

I wasn't really planning on cooking anything on the fourth, but now that you've planted the seed...

I might smoke up some ribs, set up the brat hot tub, and do up a few baked potatoes for some friends. Who needs fireworks when you've got a deep, red smoke ring?

Back