22.5 jacket

Mark Erskine

TVWBB Member
So whatever happened to the bbq guru's "soon to get" 22.5 WSM jacket? I had emailed them couple months ago, and they said weeks away. Now they're not answering when, if ever.

I got an email from them a month ago saying it was in production and to check back soon. I've been asking since December. Now that Spring is almost upon us I probably won't bother checking on the status anymore until next Fall.

I received a call from Sarah at BBQGuru this afternoon, to tell me that they will be shipping the Silver Bullet Jacket for the 22.5 this coming Friday. I ordered one and the cost is $125 plus S&H.

I'm not as much a fan of a jacket as I am of building a shelter. the pro's of a shelter is its sooo much easier to get to your meat. add fuel and also the shelter provides cover for my cyber-Q II (or whatever other expensive electronics one would want to and keeps the fan out of any weather. Additionally its a great place to store the smoker up against the garage and attractive looking on the patio.

I've been cooking way closer to the house than I probably should and using a windbreak but this will allow me to move the wunit away from the house more.

I figure i I need to insulate it any further than the 3/4 inch plywood I used I can staple ain athe stuff they insulate water heaters in to.

I started the build this weekend and primed it today so I will be posting the results of teh shelter in a couple of days. Did it with one 4x 8 and a 2.00 piece from home depots junk pile two packages of their 4 inch corner braces.

I'm even going to put shingles on it to enhance the WAF for the patio (WAF is a term I picked up on an audio bard about buying speakers that have a Wife Atractiveness Factor

Before the Door I'm at $42 bucks and that was using REALLY expensive plywood. (I had the primer, paint and shingles left over from other projects) All I have left to purchase it the door and hinges and I'm hoping to find the plywood in the junk pile at HD.

Tom,

To each their own
icon_smile.gif

Back