2013 double stack turkey adventure

JasonBoswell

TVWBB Member
I will use this thread to chronicle my 4 bird smoke on my wsm 22.5 double stack.

I will update throughout the week.

In the vat, brining this afternoon. 4 birds from 15 to 12lbs.

20131126_090359_zpsd971e932.jpg

Oh fun stuff here....I just got 2 in the drink...4 will be interesting!! "You can do it"!!!

Good luck can't wait!

I'm pulling them out of the brine soon to air dry for 12 hours prior to the smoke. I'm shooting to be done smoking by 11am tomorrow so I'm starting them at 6 to make 100% sure I'm not late! Pictures to follow..

That that is a major Turkey cook. I thought I was being brave doing 2 - 14 lb birds this year in my 18.5 WSM. It looks just like the brine that mine are currently in. I used the apple brine recipe Chris linked to. With cold and blowing snow in NW Indiana I hope I don't have any problems holding a temp. The nice thing is I am able to brine mine leaving the cooler out on the deck. The inside of the cooler is staying around 35 degrees. Good luck with your cook! Hope you have some help carving all that.

That that is a major Turkey cook. I thought I was being brave doing 2 - 14 lb birds this year in my 18.5 WSM. It looks just like the brine that mine are currently in. I used the apple brine recipe Chris linked to. With cold and blowing snow in NW Indiana I hope I don't have any problems holding a temp. The nice thing is I am able to brine mine leaving the cooler out on the deck. The inside of the cooler is staying around 35 degrees. Good luck with your cook! Hope you have some help carving all that.
Same deal here in Iowa, brining in coolers on the deck! Gotta make use of this cold weather.

We have two family dinners tomorrow and one of the birds is for a buddy.

I'm doing two more and a ham this weekend for a gathering with friends (20-25 people).... smoker is gonna b busy!

Back