2012 Kettles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig H

TVWBB Super Fan
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but I noticed that for 2012, all kettles (including Silvers) now have the newer shaped dark grey/charcoal colored handles that were previously only found on the Performers and 26.5's and the OTG's have returned to the bare metal ash bowls. Is Weber actually taking user feedback to heart? I know many (including me, disliked the black ash bowls, (i stripped mine and it was a BEAR!) What does everyone think of the changes/updates for this model year? The now standard dark handles look good with the black kettles, but I'm trying to wrap my head around it's shape, very modern looking..

I have a brand new 26'r that came with the detachable top handle, unpainted ash catcher and they stopped painting the bottom triangle. I like everything, but could go either way with the ash catcher being painted ir not. If you want it black just paint it.

I disliked the bare aluminum on my 06 OTG ash pan so I painted it with Rustoluem HH Black.
I did the same on the light gray handles.
Different strokes for different folkes.
icon_smile.gif

One of these days I'll do the same to the ash catcher ring and the legs. It'll match the Harley!
Bottom triangle ?I used RO Black Hammered finish for the WSM .

Tim

TIM.....HH Rustoleum...I used some from a 1/2 pint can to cover slight rusted lines around the handle base for a 22 performer top. The paint dried tough, but to my chagrin, it was a dark grey and not black. So....was your material a spray or in the can ? I need to find some HH just to cover... thanks

I should have stated that the black vs. silver ash bowls is a 50/50 thing among us. Some of us stripped them...some of us painted them. The black ash cans fine with the black kettles, but with the reds, greens, blues...i think the silver is a more consistant look. As for the new handles, i'll be curious to see how long it will take Weber to issue those to stores as replacement handles. Right now all I can find is the rounded light grey OTG (pre '12) version. The new leg kit I ordered for my 22.5 came with a silver triangle, but black leg cap. I still used a white cap I had on hand.

So, TIM-MAN....Thanks for the reply. I have to find the material in a can for brushing a little here and there. I'll have to go on the hunt. Thanks for the assist. The new casters fit as a glove may, and the one leg badly rusted up about 1/2 inch, restored beautifully with my hero " MARINETEX ". Ready to complete assembly Wednesday and get to pics, then to season, then to BUTTS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back