2011 S330

I bought my S330 new from Home Depot on 2011. It has lived outside in NC since that time, always covered when not in use. I have cleaned it when needed and have never replaced anything. I am wondering if I should replace the burners, flavor bars, heat deflectors, and grates etc. I see many after market parts with great reviews on Amazon. I have no issues , no rust inside, but the stainless could use a cleaning if possible. Is there a better place to but replacement parts other than Amazon? Thanks for the help

There is no need to replace items still working.

I don't clean my flavorizer bars, I just move them around occasionally from burner to burner so they burn-off evenly.

@Chris Allingham has an excellent video on cleaning grates: You could de-gunk the lower deflectors with oven cleaner too.

The flavorizer bars and lower deflectors don't last forever, but I only replace them when they rust apart and flames start to lick around the edges.

Since the burners are protected by the flav bars, if they are in good shape they may just need a little cleaning. I would remove the grates and flav bars, light all burners and look at the flame. If it is even, and blue across all burners don't touch it just keep cooking.

If you do need to buy flavorizer bars, if you can find 16 gauge stainless they will last a long, long, long time. I haven't shopped for these in a while but there are a couple of suppliers that have 16 gauge. Some on amazon are 17 gauge, some 18, some 20. I put a set of 17g in a friends E330 and it does well.

The other item to look after is the heat shield on the left hand side. These tend to take a lot of abuse and rust away. I'm going to make my own replacement ( some day ).

Burners look like they are in good shape. But, probably have a bunch of junk inside them. I would take them out, Clean them off reall well with a wire brush or even hit them with an angle grinder and wire wheel. Then spray out the insides and let them drain and dry and reinstall them. I am confident the flames will look better. Yes, the flames should be mostly blue with some yellow tips. Yours are burning unevenly. Cleaning them up good should fix that. Don't replace stuff just because it is old or a little dirty. That is a waste. If you want to replace grated from CI to SS or something like that, then that is different.

Or as Dave said, the burners are not that expensive and maybe your time is worth more than having to clean them up well. Keep in mind, the screws at the ends of the burners are not designed to be removed. They are place holders and fused into the cook box.

Back