2008ish S-670... Worth restoring?

Thanks for the tip about the porcelain shroud - I replied with that, and they will do a warranty on the cookbox.

I'll buy the bottom from them and then should be good.
So they will warranty the cookbox? That's great! Just buying the bottom panel? Where the tank goes? Show us some progress pics and do some touch up painting anywhere it looks like it needs it. The cookbox should buy you another 12-15 years,a little touchup should make the entire grill last that long

So they will warranty the cookbox? That's great! Just buying the bottom panel? Where the tank goes? Show us some progress pics and do some touch up painting anywhere it looks like it needs it. The cookbox should buy you another 12-15 years,a little touchup should make the entire grill last that long
Yes, the weber rep apologized for "giving me incorrect information" earlier when he said the cookbox wasn't covered - and that they would cover it but I'd have to buy the bottom panel.

So I'll replace the bottom panel. It's where the tank would go, but I converted this to NG (My dad had a NG manifold for his 660 built-in that he wasn't using, so I got the parts to do the conversion from there. I had an LG Genesis with a matching side burner that I was converting to LP to give to a friend, so I swapped the side burner with that)...

I wonder if I can get Weber to give me the bottom panel of the NG 670 - I know they are particular about people converting over (because they think you will blow yourself up) - but since that's not a part that's in any way connected to the gas line maybe they'd be up for selling me the NG version that doesn't have the holes for the tank? (I could say I prefer to not use the tank holes or something)...

My rotisserie burner is shot too - I should replace it, but maybe I'll get the replacement somewhere else since I know Weber won't give me the NG version of it - it did work after I converted it, just not very well - it hasn't worked at all for years though.

... While I'm at it, I'll inspect all my burner tubes and maybe replace those, though they probably can just be cleaned and be fine. New Flavorizer bars are a must - but I'll get those from someone other than Weber too.

Back