2 briskets

DennisM

TVWBB Pro
I am cooking 2 briskets here soon on my 22" weber..1 is 17LBs and 1 is 14.5.....would most of you put the heavier one on the bottom rack? I normally cook one brisket at a time. I want them both to finish hopefully at similar times...!

Put both of them on top and put a pan on the bottom to catch the drippings. Use a super full ring of charcoal. When the dome temp goes below 220F or "x" hours, pan and wrap your packers in individual pans and cook to your desired temp, 195-205 in a 300F oven or gas grill.

X hours for me is around 9-11 hours because at that point you are about halfway done with total cook time which includes cooking to desired tenderness, resting, portioning, sealing and cleanup. I'm a weekend warrior and have cooked 2 full packers twice. I start the smoke Fri evening and usually finish handling the meat late Sat evening which leaves Sun AM to clean. Plan on a 55% yield.

Separate the saved drippings for burnt ends. Cooking with both on top will lose some bark but my kids and neighbors are not complaining :)

Back