1st time with Rancher

dave caston

TVWBB Fan
after reading all the post about Rancher Charcoal I pick up 3 bags at HD for $1.99 a bag, useing it today to do some ribs (3 racks ) if it works as good as I have been reading here I will go back and buy all I can carry for $1.99 a bag.

This stuff better be good!

1.99/20#??
icon_eek.gif

Yep! $1.99 a bag,20# so far into the cook the temp is holding good with this rancher charcoal, going back later this week to get the rest, at HD in kansas city,mo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony C.:
1.99/20#??
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif

ok, I just finish with the 3 racks of ribs, good as always. The "rancher charcoal" did very good.held it's temp all the way thru out the cooking time and very little ash, came up to temp fast but it is a warm (hot) day here. have to see how it does in cold weather cook. got a good 5+ hours with it on one ring full of charcoal. for the price it is a better buy then kingsford and you get a full 20# bag from the rancher charcoal. So, with all that said I like the Rancher charcoal, as long as the price don't go up and the #'s don't go down.

i like the rancher, but it still leaves way more ash than lump. i pretty much just use rancher in the WSM and RO or BGE lump in my kettle because i use my kettle at least 4 times a week and don't like to dump ash every time. with lump i have to dump it every other week. for a penny a pound i may have to change my mind on that one. i'm going to HD tomorrow to see if it is the same price here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Jones:
Tony, that's 10 cents a pound..
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh, don't know what i was thinking there

Still cheap, gonna see if my HD has any today and stock up. I bought a bunch the last time it was on sale, used it to cook some baby backs Sunday and seared some NY Strips on Monday with it, worked great.

I love this stuff,,,,especially for the price. Down to my last 230 lbs. I will see if my parents can store an additional 200 for me!

"down to my last 230 lbs"

Hahahaha...you guys are nuts! I guess thats why I love this board so much
icon_wink.gif

I just did my first Rancher cooks this weekend - definitely going back to Home Depot this week to stock up!!

And I thought I had a good amount with the 100 lbs I have left. I need to take the van up to HD, can only fit so much in my Civic...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Did a turkey yesterday with it. Great stuff. I'm down to my last 620 lbs.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Down to my last 230 lbs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> And I thought I had a good amount with the 100 lbs I have left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a run on Rancher! No wonder supply is drying up
icon_wink.gif
I'm checking out the local HD to see if they've got the 1.99 going!

The parents came through. they picked me up 10 more bags today! Best thing, down to $1.99. HD might as well be giving this stuff away!

Back