1st Catering Gig On 4th Of July

Carlos Lopez

TVWBB Fan
I was asked to cater a 30th birthday party on the 4th. On the menu was brisket, 2 pork butts, 6 racks of ribs & bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed with cream cheese & pineapples.
Pic of all the meats, getting ready for prep time.

Prepping the butts and brisket the night before. Injected the butts w/apple juice rub/brown sugar combo

Butts lathered in mustard and the rubs that I used

13 lb brisket injected with root beer/worchesire mix, rubbed down with a few rubs that my dad brought me from Tejas.

Both butts and brisket wrapped, set in the fridge overnight.

6 racks of spares trimmed st .louis style, wrapped and in the fridge. I wont rub down til right before they hit the smoker.

More pics to come...

The set up

Brisket on the bottom grate and 2 butts on top grate

6 racks of ribs, 3 on top 3 on bottom. Rubbed down with SM cherry & SM spicy apple rubs.

WSM's doing work

Ribs hit w/sauce, almost ready to come off

Pork pulled and added some sweet seduction rub as a finisher

Blurred shot of brisket getting sliced

Sliced for some sandwiches

Bacon wrapped jalapenos stuffed w/cream cheese & pineapples.

Cool pics my sister in law made with her iphone

Thanks for looking and hope everyone had a good 4th of July!

Well done Carlos!!
I think your going to be busy in the future with more catering jobs.

Congrats on a successful catering event, Carlos! Everything looks delicious!! Hope your catering business takes off like a rocket. Sure looks like it will. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Very nice Carlos, look like you put a lot of effort into it and it show everything looks great!!!!

Looks great. Love the flags in the abt's.

I'm very surprised your 22" can run correctly with that much surface area taken up by the ribs (on the top grate).

Back