10.5 pounds of bacon on 22.5 WSM

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
I decided to do the Bacon Made Easy from this site. I bought a pork belly from Costco. Rubbed it down with the Morton's Tender Quick on Oct. 15 and let it cure for a week. On Oct. 22 I rinsed it off and let it soak for a while and rinsed again. I then took one of the slabs and coated with black pepper, one with brown sugar and left the other one plain. I put them in my fridge overnight to dry. On Oct. 23 I set up my smoker with apple wood. I was able to smoke the bacon for 5 hours at around 170 degrees using the snake method. I took the bacon off once it hit 145 internal temp. I then fried up some pieces that night to try and put the rest in the fridge. OUTSTANDING!! Will be doing this a lot. Very easy to do.

IMG_1738_zps2urj0a1z.jpg

IMG_1740_zps5kmf2aue.jpg

IMG_1748_zpsmhxjknln.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsfbsddpob.jpg

IMG_1751_zpsjo4jcsru.jpg

IMG_1757_zps0ovwaj1p.jpg

IMG_1753_zpsq6ltmr1o.jpg

IMG_1754_zps8wzgoyio.jpg

IMG_1755_zpsbnpbkpyh.jpg

IMG_1756_zpsedi4ki6m.jpg

Yessir, they don't call it Bacon Made Easy fer nuthin'!! :)

Andy, that looks excellent. Name the time, I'll bring the eggs! :)

Rich

That looks like some mighty fine bacon. Some day I hope to do that and if comes out half as good as yours look, I'll be thrilled

I've found the best way to cook it is in a 400*F oven with about 8 to 10 slices on a foiled half sheet pan for about 10 -12 minutes. That way I get a lot perfectly done at the same time.

Lookin good! I've done bacon just once and it was outstanding. Seeing this post makes me ready to try it again with a few new flavor profiles.

Great looking bacon. Just finished slicing up my fourth smoked bacon, so easy to do and so good. Did cinnamon brown and white sugar smoked with apple and peach man is it good!

That looks awesome and I know mighty tasty. We did some yesterday and sliced it today, of course we had to cook some up to be sure it was alright. ( I could have cooked the whole thing and ate it. Yummy no more store bacon.

Looks great Andy. Nothing better than doing your own bacon, just did our 3rd pork belly for this year.

Love that bacon Andy. I really need to try this. Looks like your snake method kept the temps where you needed them. Excellent job!

Andy great looking Bacon on my to do list.

I've found the best way to cook it is in a 400*F oven with about 8 to 10 slices on a foiled half sheet pan for about 10 -12 minutes. That way I get a lot perfectly done at the same time.

Dwain i also like to cook bacon this way, thanks peekaboo for the recipe on another thread.

Preheat oven to 400 degree. Line a cookie sheet with foil. place a wire rack on top and lay out your bacon,

Sprinkle with brown sugar...oh yeah

Then a nice dose of fresh ground pepper.

Into the 400* oven for 10 minutes.

Then take it out and turn over the bacon and repeat with the brown sugar and pepper, be quick get it back in the oven.

Then another 5 to 10 minutes, You really have to keep an eye on it, once it's starts to brown it really goes fast.

Best bacon ever, give it a try you won't be sorry.

Back