“Dirty Little Secret” Sauce?

TomRc

TVWBB Pro
Weeknight meals aren’t exactly gourmet food in our household as is evidenced by tonight’s dinner of Tuscan Herb pork tenderloin and double-fried tater tots. However, things are certainly livened up a bit with the addition of a mix of mayo and a heavy dose of horseradish stirred together into a quick dipping sauce. The Missus and I refer to it as our dirty little secret sauce and we quite literally seem to “put that sh** on everything” from beef to pork to veggies (pan seared Brussels sprouts dipped in the sauce are a favorite of mine) and potatoes of almost any type. Tonight, I was dipping the tenderloin and tots back and forth until the plate was clean. Anybody else got a go-to, no cook, quickie sauce of 4 ingredients or less to share that I might try in an upcoming weeknight nosh?

Attachments

• IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Really good stuff.

Here in Maryland, we call that homemade stuff in the OP "tiger sauce" (not to be confused with the bottled retail stuff) and it is a classic with Baltimore Pit Beef sandwiches.

That mayo sauce sounds similar to the " horsey sauce " I use when I make the pepper stout beef.
Mayo, sour creme, horseradish, salt, pepper, ACV.......I skip the chives.
It is so tasty it gets applied thick, if it sounds made up go look at my PSB posts lol......

Mid week dinner looks really tasty.....similar to our household.
Bigger more detailed cooks go on the weekend, while still trying to make a flavorful easier shorter meal during the week.
Last night was left over chicken breast refried in oil with fried veg, rice and beans for a makeshift taco / taco bowl night.
It was great.

Comeback sauce, good on just about everything

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231220_201818_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20231220_201818_Opera.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 4

Back