Stubbs Charcoal SALE

thanks will pu a few bags to try and may load up if it works good for me,building a hog smoker and will us charcoal to get fire going and then feed it hickory for the most part.the performer will see it the most

I'll check out my local Lowes. I don't need more charcoal, but I might pick up a few.

Looks like Stubbs went down to 14lb bags from 15lb.

I'll check out my local Lowes. I don't need more charcoal, but I might pick up a few.

Looks like Stubbs went down to 14lb bags from 15lb.

When I said I was going to pick up some charcoal, SWMBO just gave me that "you're kidding, right?" look. Truthfully, I'm down to just 6 bags of KBB, so I think the purchase is warranted. I try to keep at least a 6 to 8 month supply on hand, just to see me through until the next good sale. Typically I go through about 1-2 bags a month.

Back to the point, I grabbed 4 bags and will pick up a couple KBB twin-packs when they go on sale. I rotisseried a couple chickens with it yesterday; it lit quickly and burned cleanly.

Hi All How does Stubbs compares to Kingsford Blue? Like to know before going out and buying Stubbs..I have 8 bags of KB and 4 bags RO Lump .
Don't really need more, BUT if Stubbs is better and why not!
THanks Dan

Hi All How does Stubbs compares to Kingsford Blue? Like to know before going out and buying Stubbs..I have 8 bags of KB and 4 bags RO Lump .
Don't really need more, BUT if Stubbs is better and why not!
THanks Dan
Stubbs is higher quality than KBB.
Less ash, cleaner burning, nice aroma.

I use both, but Stubbs is clearly the higher quality of the two.
I always grab Stubbs on sale, but probably burn more KBB because it's cheaper.

Stubbs is higher quality than KBB.
Less ash, cleaner burning, nice aroma.

I use both, but Stubbs is clearly the higher quality of the two.
I always grab Stubbs on sale, but probably burn more KBB because it's cheaper.

I haven't used Stubbs before, but so far I like it. It didn't give off as much white smoke while starting as KBB does, for whatever that's worth. I figure I'll use it for grilling (been using Frontier lump for that lately, but I'm almost out) and KBB when I know I'll be using large amounts (smoking or dutch oven cooking).

When I said I was going to pick up some charcoal, SWMBO just gave me that "you're kidding, right?" look. Truthfully, I'm down to just 6 bags of KBB, so I think the purchase is warranted. I try to keep at least a 6 to 8 month supply on hand, just to see me through until the next good sale. Typically I go through about 1-2 bags a month.

Back to the point, I grabbed 4 bags and will pick up a couple KBB twin-packs when they go on sale. I rotisseried a couple chickens with it yesterday; it lit quickly and burned cleanly.

I picked up 4 bags of Stubbs. Hard to hide them since they don't blend in with the 216lbs of Kcomp. It will be interesting to see if SWMBO notices...

Tyson, my SWMBO did notice when she got home from a weekend on Sunday. However, she does understand that I do need to stock up for the coming 6 month lull in sales.

I picked up 4 bags of Stubbs. Hard to hide them since they don't blend in with the 216lbs of Kcomp. It will be interesting to see if SWMBO notices...

I have 18 bags of KBB in the shed. I told Barb about it and she said lets go get some and try it. I put two in the cart at Lowes and she says get two more....What a wonderful lady am I lucky or not!

Back