0C79B915-8D2E-4658-AB48-2CF45B25B1B1_zpssiko1pe0.jpg

073E8776-7DD4-4696-9FCB-B0CB68E5B2D6_zpspl3ltouh.jpg

So close

7446A4F7-6DB7-4FF3-B1F4-0F2284E747A7_zpsgih2yiku.jpg

Done

BF601E56-B126-4AE7-BB1E-95091FE72931_zpssyvmrovg.jpg

Plated

82FE7A73-7FDA-4C09-944F-A19A624F6DD9_zpsq8rb3jva.jpg

I got huge attaboys with this cook. I was thrilled with this cook. Costco Lamb is da' bomb!!!

Chuck that looks fantastic. How does lamb taste? I've never tried it but it sure does look delicious. It looks like you cooked it to perfection on that rotisserie! Sides look awesome too. Great job!

All I can say Chuck is WOW!!! That is fantastic and I like the potatoes under the meat getting all those yummy juices. Haven't had lamb in over 40 years, I think its time to try it again.

That's a gorgeous rotisserie lamb. I'm sure it & the potatoes were super good. You eat well at your home.

You nailed that one Chuck, outstanding cook. I'm interested in the wine paring. Grifone Primitivo is from the boot area in Southern Italy and from old growth vines. I like trying wines from old growth vines. It's a zinfandel style of wine which is my favorite. My daughter works for Trader Joes and they carry it. She recommend it highly as a good weekday wine. Your thoughts?

That looks incredible - wish I could have that for lunch........... right now!

Which cookbook is that out of - the marinade & potatoes.......... I want.

How does lamb taste?
I think it's really good. Normally it's pretty pricey (>$8LBS) but for $4.99 I was all over it. I don't recommend freezing Lamb.

I'm interested in the wine paring. Grifone Primitivo is from the boot area in Southern Italy and from old growth vines. I like trying wines from old growth vines. It's a zinfandel style of wine which is my favorite. My daughter works for Trader Joes and they carry it. She recommend it highly as a good weekday wine. Your thoughts?
I bought it because it tastes very similar to another wine that I very much like: Estancia Reserve meritage (a blend) The Grifone Primitivo is only 1/3 of the Estancia, so I pretend I'm having the Meritage. I got the bottle from Trader Joe's

http://estanciawines.com/our-wines/reserve/meritage/

That looks incredible - wish I could have that for lunch........... right now!

Which cookbook is that out of - the marinade & potatoes.......... I want.
The Marinade is a found here, and it is a most worthy marinade

http://barbecuebible.com/recipe/only-marinade-you-ever-need/

The potatoes are just red potatoes mixed in with onions and olive oil. I had some extra parsley from the marinade, so I tossed them in with the taters. That worked out well

Thanks everyone for the kind words, this was a real treat, and it was dirt cheap. (that never happens, LOL) Sadly there was no leftovers for lunch today :(

I might've been searching for that marinade for the last >20 years.... gonna have to try it.

I don't recommend freezing Lamb.

Great looking cook Chuck.
Just curious as to your reasons for not recommending freezing Lamb? (other than there obviously would, or should, be no leftovers.....)

Approx. time on the Roti?

Great looking cook Chuck. Just curious as to your reasons for not recommending freezing Lamb? (other than there obviously would, or should, be no leftovers.....)

Approx. time on the Roti?
The reason for not freezing is not scientific, it's only my opinion, also my comment is only for uncooked, I've never froze cooked Lamb. IMHO, Lamb loses something in the freeze, both texture and taste, that's my take, your mileage may vary. The cook took just under 90 minutes at medium heat (325, dome thermometer of the Genny) I pulled it at an IT of 130, I was aiming for 125 and it went from 118 to 130 in less than five minutes (and I checked it at 10 minutes of course) Still it was very good, and at $4.99 a LBS, I do it again and again and not change a thing other than try to hit the IT of 125

Wow! I love the deal. the roti. the taters underneath. and that plate!

I could keep going. Thanks for sharing the details. That looks superb.

Some cracking cooks coming out of the Left Coast of late.
I LOVE lamb, & that looks perfect. Slightly pink in the middle…..nailed!! And that marinade looks fab!
I've got a 4.5lb bone-in leg of lamb going on the 14.5 tomorrow. If it turns out anything close to yours, I'll be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Back