Opening Day Mirai Sweet Corn

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
If you are a fan of the Mirai sweet corn, today is opening day for it in Northern Illinois.
This corn is so sweet that some eat it raw from the cob. Good stuff Maynard.

First of the season crop for us comes from U.S. in June. It's always so good, I don't even peek past the husks. Just pick the biggest ones I can find and go with it. Out of a dozen, there might be one that's not as sweet as the others.

I've never seen that brand name, but I do like me some corn! Raw even, or the last few times grilled with some chipotle powder or sauce sprinkled on. Almost as good as cherry season for me....maybe beter

Got a new favorite way to eat the stuff:

-Butter & Salt as usual (I like to use Kosher Flake Salt)
-Instead of pepper, give it a light dusting of Penzey's "Arizona Dreaming" seasoning blend (this stuff is Da' Bomb on Sweet Corn!)
(you could use it to make a compound butter, but I think that this is easier and you do not need to worry about the spices floating to the top)

Try it! I would be that most of you will like it.

I've never seen that brand name, but I do like me some corn! Raw even, or the last few times grilled with some chipotle powder or sauce sprinkled on. Almost as good as cherry season for me....maybe beter
Mirai is not a brand name, but it is a hybrid variety that was named in Japan, but ls grown here in Northern Illinois by Twin Garden Farms in Harvard. I also have grown it from their seeds and really like it.

Back