Black Beans & Yellow Rice

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
An old favorite, just the thing for an easy outside cook on a hot summer night.
The basics:

PICT2913_zpsskeioxxq.jpg

Yellow rice on the side burner.

PICT2919_zpsoq9d45hk.jpg

Sauteed the onions & garlic in evoo until tender, added a can of black beans, brought to boil & mashed the beans.

PICT2929_zpsxkh45m1n.jpg

Added the other 2 cans of beans, a little salt to taste & let everything simmer for a bit.

Yellow rice on a plate.

PICT2932_zps1tw6ynqh.jpg

Now the black beans, cilantro & sliced green onions.

PICT2936_zpsuiffi46q.jpg

A few slices of grapefruit .... & it was time to eat!

PICT2939_zpsm9f1kh6x.jpg

I usually top with orange slices, however there wasn't any.

Last edited:
Nice one.
That would go down very well in my family.
One of my sons is vegetarian so we have reduced the meat intake a lot during the week. Makes me use the weekends for meaty specialties when he turns day into night and he doesn't eat with us.
I love beans and pulses of any description. We have plenty of black beans in the cupboard at the moment!

I would like to see more vegetarian dishes on here.

Funny - I made a can of those same beans for dinner :)

I just poured 1 can same as yours into a 1 qt sauce pan along with all its liquid, a shake of Chef Merito's carne seasoning, a small slice of onion, & simmered for maybe 10 minutes & then mashed... I'm enjoying it with some nachos for dinner (chips, cheese, onion, sliced jalapeno).

I wasn't sure how they'd turn out or I'd have cooked more........ whenever I do the pinto beans each person seems to eat a can's worth....always more than I'd think.

Nice meal

I love seeing things I've never seen before. That is a great dish of rice and beans. Thank you for sharing one of your favorites!

Back