Rotisserie Spareribs with Root Beer - Bourbon Glaze

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
If you haven't purchased the Weber's New American Barbecue this post just might convince you otherwise.

Two racks of spareribs cooked to perfection in just 2.5 hour and the flavor profile is like no rib you've had yet.

20160717_120615_zpskvztdzqa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160717_125635_zpsktzy8n0h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did get some bark on these ribs

20160717_134712_zpsiuleolri.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Funny looking ribs, but they weren't that hard to cut

20160717_135101_zpsi7zgcakl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the money shot

20160717_140739_zps5wjshrce.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The flavor profile on these ribs hit everything, there was some heat and some sweet you can't go wrong with these.

I'm sure those were fantastic. As a recent convert to the rotisserie rib cook, I just know they were super good.

Your right James that weber book is awesome. We've done some cooks out of it and everything is outstanding. We have a rack of ribs so will be trying that recipe real soon. Thanks for sharing that great cook with us.

James that's an outstanding cook. Like Barb said we've done a few and they all have been outstanding. I was eyeballing that recipe as the next up. It's hard to pick one out of that book because they all look so good.

James those ribs look delicious! What amazing color. May have to give ribs on the rotiserrie a shot!

I love ribs, without a doubt my favorite cook. Your roto ribs look amazing James! I'm gonna have to check out the bourbon braise. That just sounds amazing

Great looking roto ribs Jim! Love the color. I preordered American BBQ and received it on the release date. Shamefully, I haven't done a cook out of it yet. Will soon after seeing yours.

James, those are beautiful looking ribs, but I have a question.... Could you actually taste any of the root beer flavor in them?

James, those are beautiful looking ribs, but I have a question.... Could you actually taste any of the root beer flavor in them?

I didn't really get a root beer taste, but you could taste the sweet and the heat. If you have this book I would for sure give this cook a try.

I took some pulled pork out of the freezer and I will be making this glaze for some pulled pork sammies this weekend.

Back