CL Find Couldn’t Pass It Up

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Barb and I really like using the Smokey Joe for quick direct cooks because it’s easy on the fuel, quick to clean and easy to set up, but it’s a pretty tight fit if trying to do some indirect grilling at the same time.
So I started to look around for a deal on a Jumbo Joe.
After over a year of not seeing even one, this one pops up yesterday afternoon on CL.
Used twice with a bag and a half of KBB, a chimney, starter cubes with two missing, a brand new flip side cooking grate.
All of the above for $35, oh yeah it’s mine. On top of that it was a mile away and I called and had it inside of 15 minutes. Sweet.

00A0A_bpLaSXgZD9M_600x4501_zpsat97fs4k.jpg

DSCN3319_zpsgganec8t.jpg

DSCN3316_zpsrbaz1m9t.jpg

Congrats on that find. You did good. But the pending question is this Rich, when are you getting a Vortex? :smilekettle:

Congrats on that find. You did good. But the pending question is this Rich, when are you getting a Vortex? :smilekettle:

Okay between you and TonyUK & Pat G I'm getting the strong hint I need to get one:D. I just pointed out to Barb that in Photo Gallery there are five posts on the first page that have the word Vortex in the title.
I think Barbs just messin with me about getting one. She keeps saying I have enough grilling toys. We all know that's impossible.

Last edited:
I already have a JJ, but would buy another one if I found a deal like that. Would make a great gift. These JJ are great little cookers. I put the taco looking handle shield on mine and it made a big difference. I believe Weber added the shield at some point to the JJ.

After an exhaustive search within a 100 Kim's of my city for a JJ, no one had any in stock. I ordered one from a local dealer, should be here on Wednesday!

Congrats on the score Rich!! Are you going to put handles on the vents ?

Dave, Doing the handles this morning and will order some heat shields for the lids on both performers the JJ and my weber 22.5 kettle gasser and the mini.

I already have a JJ, but would buy another one if I found a deal like that. Would make a great gift. These JJ are great little cookers. I put the taco looking handle shield on mine and it made a big difference. I believe Weber added the shield at some point to the JJ.

Tyson, thanks for the idea I just burned my had this morning grabbing the hot handle on my kettle gasser. Heat shields for all the kettle lid handles coming up.

I got mine at Targets end of year sale in August or September 18.00 it is a great grill for quick meals and camping so many reasons to own one.

Back