Santa Maria Kettle

Bob Whitney

TVWBB Fan
On Thursday a big *** box was left on my porch Wifey said it was a late Fathers Day Gift.

This was what was in the box.

I've had my eye on one of these for a couple years but couldn't pull the trigger. This attachment is no joke. It's well built if not over built. It weighs 30 pounds which got me thinking about the Kettles stability with that much weight on top of it. Stability was no problem though. Here's a couple more pics.

No better way to test a Santa Maria grill then Tri Tip right?
Seasoning EVO+SnP

Full chimney dumped 3/4 onto the grate, 2 splits of Red Oak on the coal bed and the rest of the coals on top the splits.

On they go.

Just about done.

One hour and twenty minutes later.

The one I sliced was just a tad over cooked. Pulled at 130 deg. The other Tri Tip which was a pound heavier was perfect.
One more thing. Probably wouldn't want to use this on a kettle you'd like to keep pristine. Very high heat that may cause crazing. Here's the website in case you'd like some more info. http://gabbysgrills.com/shop/home/

Thanks for looking.

Sooo awesome! You all are enablers. Lol

I saw they have a rotisserie setup too. Pretty sweet rig and good looking tip. I have some costal live oak waitin go for jus this.

Red Oak! Nice. I pulled some slightly under-120 in the thickest part the other day and let them rest awhile--perfect. Sorry, no pics.

LVE It Bob!
And Looks Sooo CoooL on Your RED Kettle!!

Your Wife & Kids Love You To Pieces!!!

Good heavens, Bob, talk about a terrific gift! When it comes of aftermarket attachments for kettles, that is the accessory of all accessories, and my wallet curses you for informing me of its existence :cool:. Outstanding results breaking it in with those tasty looking tri tips!

Wow that is really cool!!!! did not know that exist!!! Thanks for sharing the link and the photos. TT looks fantastic!!! yum!!!!!

Back