anyone have any experience with Smithfield Prime all natural premium fresh pork?

Tom Raveret

TVWBB Pro
Our local market ( Sendiks) has a special tomorrow on st louis ribs for $1.99 and I'm going to load up both my 18 and my 24 and run the cyber-Q for the first time on both simultaneously.

The Line of Pork is" Smithfield Prime All natural Premium fresh Pork"

I believe Prime is a marketing term as it pertains to Pork and not a graded standard as in Beef but maybe some of you have some other insights.

It claims to be 20% more tender than other non brined pork from reading their website it is breed specific Duroc but I've never used it because usually its just too expensive for my blood.

Anyone seen this and have any experience with it?

I find it a bit odd that Smithfield for years marketed itself as breeding the leanest pork would now have a line of pork advertised to be fattier but hey times change so do consumer preferences.

I have a picture of the label but can't seem to get it to paste up from my phone?

Last edited:
just picked up 6 racks.

ribs05142016.jpg

When I went there this am they sold me "Prarie fresh" pork ( a seaboard product). I didn't realize it until I had opened 2 so I took the rest back and swapped it out. I am keeping track of which 2 are Prarie fresh and will see if a difference can be observed.

So the 10 racks are " getting happy" all rubbed up in the fridge I figure I'll start about 1:30

how often do you save 41% at the grocery store?

41%2525.jpg

Yeah it's great when you can get deals, a couple of weeks ago Safeway had Sanderson's Farms chickens on sale for $.65 a pound and pork shoulders for $.79 a pound so we stocked up and our receipt said we spent $43.22 and saved $63.18. Nice!

Back