Picanha com alho (sirloin cap with garlic)

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
I was attempting to clear out some of my older meat inventory in my freezer and stumbled upon a sirloin cap that I had vacuum sealed several months ago. Since I haven't done any Brazilian style churrasco cooking in a while, I decided to make picanha com alho, otherwise known as sirloin cap with garlic. Overall, I had no complaints with the results - beefy, garlicky, salty, fatty, tender - what's not to like? Thanks for checking out the photos! I hope everyone has a great week.

After slicing the sirloin cap into pieces of uniform thickness, I seasoned them with kosher salt, followed by a wee bit o' freshly minced garlic. Lastly, each piece of picanha was folded into the typical "C" shape normally seen in Brazilian steakhouses, then skewered.

Here are the mandatory action shots. I started the picanha with indirect heat on the side of the grill opposite the charcoal basket, with the lid covering the meat but slightly propped open due to the long skewer preventing the lid from closing fully. Once the meat hit medium rare doneness, I seared the beef directly over the coals, turning the skewer as needed for uniform cooking, and moving the skewer away from the flames due to the inevitable flare-ups resulting from rendered fat hitting the hot coals.

And finally some plated shots, before and after slicing. The picanha was served with sautéed kale greens and saffron rice.

image_zpshbbitino.jpeg

^^
This!! Spot on! Nuff said.

Wow, did you take thoes pictures a Fogo De Chao? It couldn't look any more authentic Brazilian steakhouse to me.

Great job!

Back