Bone-In Pork Loin

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
We were shopping at Costco & this hunk of meat called out: "Cook me! Eat Me!"
Not one to deny a talking Pork Loin, I did as it asked. I used a recipe from Weber's "Way To Grill".

PICT1787_zpsxkz0051p.jpg

Used 2/3 chimney of KBB and some hickory splits for a medium heat fire. The roast was coated with olive oil & heavily seasoned with salt & pepper.
Cooked indirect with the lid on.

PICT1793_zpszfpjhc4c.jpg

45 minutes later:

PICT1796_zpstdjrvsyn.jpg

Meat was rotated 180*. Added 10 lit coals.

PICT1798_zpsaeta01u9.jpg

Got the volunteers ready:

PICT1802_zpst302o8bj.jpg

Red currant sauce (red currant preserves, ketchup, apple juice, cider vinegar, soy sauce, whiskey & red pepper flakes)

PICT1804_zpsyyrdtlul.jpg

The pork was cooked to 145* internal temperature.

PICT1816_zpshr4paqw1.jpg

Gave it some sear:

PICT1823_zpslulf1xgm.jpg

It was removed from the grill, tented with foil & rested 20 min. Cooked the asparagus & tomatoes on the pos gasser.

Time to eat! Served with my wife's fantastic potato salad, the veggies & the sauce.

PICT1833_zpsvxqrp3nv.jpg

This was maybe the best pork chops we've ever had. Wife & I both agree on this.

Last edited:
Robert, that is an awesome cook and the plated pic WOW!!! Everything looks delicious.

That looks very tasty. I was at Costco today and must have walked right by that roast. Looks like I'll be heading back ASAP.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone! They are very much appreciated.

This was the first time I have cooked this particular piece of meat & I was out of my comfort zone. I'm more of a smoker type & that's what I was going to do. Decided to do some research, found this recipe & it looked pretty straight forward. It was an EZ cook, actually.

Going to Costco and get one of those talking pork roasts, hope mine comes out as good as yours did.

Back