Can't stop buying WSM's

RParker

TVWBB Member
Well a couple months ago I sent my Pro Q down the road and upgraded to a 22.5" WSM. I love it and it works great however it is really big for small cooks. The 6 racks of baby back ribs last Sunday were perfect.:flagkettle:

Tonight on CL I picked up a 18" in good condition for $150. The guy threw in 7 bags of lump charcoal and a chimney starter.:cool:

Congrats on the new cooker!

I got my new 18.5 still in box for $175.00...still haven't had a chance to set it up and get the first cook in.

Rob

I was once addicted to buying Webers (WSMs, Performers, kettles, SJs, JJs) off of craigslist, having as many as 11 at one time. Now I only have 4 and can cook just about anything. It's a dangerous habit, especially if you're married, and a difficult one to kick. Just about the time you say, "I quit!", you see a WSM for $75 a block away on your craigslist RSS feed.

Don't know what the addiction is but we've got nine Weber's and one Ducane (a Weber product) I just spent over $2K enlarging the patio so we had a place to park them. Yes I still check CL every day too.

I have a small weber collection. 18 WSM, blue SS performer, red MBH kettle, 22 OTG, 18 OTG mini WSM and 3 SJ's.
I have bought them all used. My 18 WSM was the most expensive i paid $80.
Collecting BBQ's may be weird to some but hey a wife/family can't complain that your hobby is staying home and cooking dinner.
Staying close to home sounds better then being gone playing golf all day!

When I was at the height of my collection habit, I was cooking just about every day. I am living proof that "wife/family can't complain" is a demonstrably false statement.

When I was at the height of my collection habit, I was cooking just about every day. I am living proof that "wife/family can't complain" is a demonstrably false statement.

I could care less what the wife says. I don't tell her what to do and she doesn't tell me what to do. A system that works just fine.:coolkettle:

Lew, let those who complain dine elsewhere. That usually stops the complaints, or just cook for yourself.

Got the new one going as we speak. Two racks of baby back and am experimenting with some beef short ribs.

Will do 90 min. smoking at 275 and will slice up a LOT of onion and foil for 2 hours.

The above ribs turned out great, the onions carmelized a little too much as the heat was pushing 300 at the end. I am starting to go more to the higher heat camp and find it just gets things done faster. The bones pulled out very easily on the Baby Back, the beef short ribs were mighty greasy.

Been doing mods on the WSM's. Put a hinge on the 22.5" and cut a slot in the 18.5", wheels on both.

Back