Sparerib Tips

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
I found these frozen at Albertsons a while ago. I've never cooked them but for the price I figured it was worth a try.

image_zpst7sjktu0.jpeg

Got everything ready, the fire going and put the rib tips on two grills.

image_zpsruryxspj.jpeg

image_zpsledszgh9.jpeg

image_zps1wehryrp.jpeg

Sauced at about the five hour mark. Kim whipped up some of her sauce that we love so much.

image_zpsuqhwxs6n.jpeg

image_zpsizp1dv6h.jpeg

Plated with some Bushes beans kicked up a little with Kim's sauce and some nice vegetables.

image_zps7vsofdey.jpeg

image_zpswbfh4ndv.jpeg

I've never cooked rib tips before but they were tasty. Its a little work eating around the little bones but its worth it. I think they could have used another hour on the grill. They were not tough but were also not falling off the bone like the kids like them. Pretty good meal though at a good price.

Thanks for looking!

That's a lot of bang for the buck! Need me some ribs. The turkey who went to restaurant depot with me walked out with 3 racks-----and me none (that SOB!). I should do them more often.

Interesting, I've never seen those at the store even when we had an Albertsons here. It's great to try things like that when the price is right, Barb and I call those the "mystery meat cooks"

That is one awesome cook you and Kim did. Never seen sparerib tips before but they sure look good. Those are some great plated pics.

Nicely done, Robert! Around here I usually see rib tips for $1.99/lb and they do make for a good meal. The biggest problem I've run into is that sometimes they're cut very unevenly, so cooking time needs to be staggered a bit.

Rib tips look perfect, sides look perfect too. We used to get rib tips at our local WM. Will have to look for them at Albertsons next time in there.

Back