Smokin' Some Cheese

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Today was a cool autumn day here in NH, perfect for cold-smoking a few blocks of cheese (gouda, cheddar, provolone, muenster, and gruyere).

Started off by filling an A-MAZE-N tube smoker with a combination of apple, cherry, and sugar maple pellets. After igniting the end and waiting until the tube generated enough smoke, on goes the grill cover.

After about four hours, the cheese had developed some nice color. Took the cheese out of the grill and brought it indoors…aaaaaand now my kitchen smells like stinky smoky cheese! Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:
Oh no....!!!! I fear another obsession is about to start because of you.
Good job & I really wish you had not posted this. :cool:
(& what a beautiful red head performer).

Jerome that is awesome, never smoked cheese before. Don't know how but that looks delicious. Love to try some of that for sure.

Jerome your smoked cheese looks perfect. What a great way to save some money and have some fun. We have bought smoked cheese and it's pretty expensive and didn't look as good as yours. I like the wood combo you used.

First off nice SS performer, one of the best Weber bbq's ever built, and the smoked cheese looks amazing.

Now a silly question since i have never smoked cheese.
Started off by filling an A-MAZE-N tube smoker with a combination of apple, cherry, and sugar maple pellets. After igniting the end and waiting until the tube generated enough smoke, on goes the grill cover.

Is the above all you used for heat source to smoke the cheese?

Thanks in advance

Is the above all you used for heat source to smoke the cheese?

Thanks in advance

How hot did the performer end up getting? Great looking cheese and I want to do this soon along with some salmon.

Thanks, Jeff and Andy! The pellets in the smoker tube generate smoke but a negligible amout of heat. Whenever I took the lid off the grill, the temperature didn't feel any different than the ambient outdoor temperature, which was about 45°F that day.

That looks great! I gained about 2 pounds just looking at those pictures Jerome, thanks for sharing. Boy, I sure do miss my place in Derry.

Back