Good find for my aunt

Chris_Vagnozzi

TVWBB Member
My Aunt's neighbor across the street was moving and she noticed they were pushing a grill to the curb for trash. They saw her outside and said it doesn't work, but if you'd like to take it, its yours. Since she was in need of one, she took it in being she loves fixer-uppers and it ended up being a Weber Genesis Gold (03-05?) with the dual-thermoset sidetables and sideburner.

Only needed an ignitor... lol Whatta score! Got it totally free and it's clean as hell. While I paid $100 a few years back for my Silver C in great shape, it amazes me what people will give away (or throw away) in this case. $12 and she had it back up and running.

I guess this will serve as encouragement to others, wait for a nice price, don't pay a premium for older-style grills since most people don't realize they have a quality piece that just needs a little TLC :)

Not the actual unit, but identical to this...

images

Sweet deal! I've asked my mom if her husband would like a grill, if I could find a good one at a decent price. She said that she'd love it, but he wouldn't use it! I was shocked. to say the least!

Congrats to your aunt that is one heck of a deal. Lots of great cooking going to come from that I hope.

Back