Just ordered a green performer deluxe

FRocco

I recently purchased a lodge L410 and before using it, decided that the Weber would be more versatile.
I was influenced by the Pit Boys on youtube.

So I am returning the L410 and putting the money towards the Weber.

I recently purchased a lodge L410 and before using it, decided that the Weber would be more versatile.
I was influenced by the Pit Boys on youtube.

So I am returning the L410 and putting the money towards the Weber.

I follow quite a few recipes from the bbq pit boys. but done on my OTG and OTS. The Lodge L4410 Seems like a small cooker.

I cancelled the Weber and returned the L410.
I cancelled because Home Depot has the performer for 279.00
The deluxe was 400.00

Do you think it is worth 400.00 just for the electronic ignition?

In all honesty you can get a OTS/OTG since you're just paying a crazy amount for a table (which you might already have in a garage or on a patio).

The Master Touch is 199.00 and includes a heaver grate and their insert system.
So I was thinking that 80.00 more for a table?
I still need to buy tools, and accessories.

I got both of my performers off of Craig's list for less then $300 for both and one was brand new never used. I really like them and the gas ignition is great, makes using charcoal about as easy as a gasser. Remember it's an investment you're going to have for many years.

Go for the new deluxe, you deserve it and wont regret it. last one you will ever need. Besides its green ! You want it, you ordered it, now pull the trigger on it.. go for it. Thats what I think.

Last edited:
Let's say you keep it for the next 15 years, that's $8.66 a year. For the convenience of the gas ignition H..L yes it's worth it.

I can't imagine being without the gas assist and table. These are things that make cooking on a Weber fun and not work. If I could only keep one of my cookers, it would be hands down my Platinum Performer. Good luck with your decision.

Bill

I have the performer with gas assist and it makes starting the coals easy, and I don't have to remember to get newspapers. Definitely worth it.

Once you have the gas assist it is hard to go back. If you had asked me before I got mine I would have told you to save the money, but now I say go for it!

Once you have the gas assist it is hard to go back. If you had asked me before I got mine I would have told you to save the money, but now I say go for it!

+1 Having just picked up a used performer a couple weeks ago, I'm amazed at how much I love the gas assist. Really kicking myself for not taking the leap sooner - my OTS is 17 years old, and is used a lot. Can't believe the difference it makes. All the other creature comforts of the performer are wonderful, don't get me wrong, but the gas assist is the piece de resistance, IMO

DO you think the deluxe is worth 130.00 more than the performer for 279?
I didn't think so when I bought mine a couple of years ago and bought the standard performer and have not regretted it since. I know a lot of guys here swear by it but i think just as many of not more have and never use the gas assist so I guess opinions vary.

What you can do if you think you want the gas assist but don't want to spend $400, Craigslist has Performer show up all the time for +/- $200 depending on age and condition

I bought up a used performer with gas assist several weeks ago. I love it. It makes cooking on the 22.5 so much more enjoyable.

I use the gas assist all the time for starting coals for the WSMs & other kettles.

I'm sure you will like the latest & greatest. The metal table & the extra clearance with the lid bale are a big plus, imho.

I have 2 of the platnium performers wo gas assist and am in the market for a used deluxe w gas assist. I use my platnium weekly and it is date code DD, a model year 2000 so 15 years of enjoyment. Still in terrific shape and prob sell quickly for 100$. The only thing i spent over all those years is one new grate and 2 covers. So, to the point about whether it is worth the extra money, considering the longevity of these things i say absolutely.

I was hoping they would go on sale towards the end of the season, but so far, full price.
I will wait a little longer, but want a grill soon. Looked at Char-Broil Kettleman, and stok drum again, and even a char-griller.

But it looks like the weber will last the longest.

Definitely check Craigslist, I got a performer deluxe for 200.
And it was not the only listing at that price, and in mint condition.

Back