Pizza on Father's Day

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been wanting pizza for a while, but it's a huge time demand. Finally had a day when didn't have to do a million things, so I made pizza. Used Barb's thin crust pizza recipe (2 cups floor, 3/4 cup water, 1.5 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon quick acting yeast) Barb's recipe calls for unbleached flour, I used bread flour and my first pizza crust wasn't exactly thin, but the other two were) I put the cast iron disc on upside down and interestingly it put more heat on top of the pizza than putting it right side up, the result was the top cooked faster than the bottom, perhaps too fast...may have to cool the fires some next time around

Chicken Bacon Ranch

607F7B17-CD00-45E7-B8D4-E0E0A7FFCC61_zpsrbitgpoz.jpg

710A4BB9-59A4-46E9-8CE9-7DE37292EE59_zps7tgxe0y0.jpg

04341C7E-F3C8-4EB3-8012-EC0187524C34_zpsc7oyssbl.jpg

Sausage Bacon Ranch

A63A952D-0157-443B-A168-C71D0DE87070_zpsmsp5evbl.jpg

3D1CB29A-A851-46A4-A721-26C7433BA9E3_zpszhogb5tc.jpg

E8C885C1-A35A-4695-AECA-040FEE27805B_zpslu9of02g.jpg

Chicken Sausage Bacon Ranch

175DF08E-ABF8-47F5-A692-0C890D85487D_zps6sx0zueh.jpg

7059AE97-2F69-4EA5-BAEA-59814C4DAA7C_zpsaunzjfg1.jpg

447A7A28-32A0-4744-8AA6-3E946975613E_zps0hsxqoyr.jpg

A couple 10 second videos, listen to that White Oak crackle :)

http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/chaz28o/13C26CB9-B57C-4F2C-9D50-F1F4F8EC084C_zpsutdqxmy5.mp4
http://vid3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/chaz28o/1AF21A9B-5093-421E-BC5D-24B7418D5F25_zpsvsucqqoa.mp4

Awesome job on the pizza pies Chuck. Hope you liked the dough recipe.
It's a fantastic recipe. I don't know why one of them wasn't thin, if I had to guess, I bet I forgot the salt, LOL

It's a go to from now on, everyone liked these pizzas. Crunchy thin crust is a favorite and your recipe is spot on! Thank you!!!

Glad you like Barb's dough. Finally got my pizza stone and pre heated it last night to season it so I'm good to go. Sometime this week for sure going to make our first pies, hope they come out as good as yours once I get the hang of it.

Great looking pies Chuck! Peavy's back for Colorado series! Know you're thrilled!
I hope Coach keeps him on a tight leash, much tighter than the leash that Hudson is on

Thanks everyone, these were good pizzas. The only adjustment needed is the amount of heat that I got on top, which is something I've been trying to improve with each cook. Well......I got all the heat from up top that I can ask for :)

Chuck did you make three batches of dough or does that recipe make that much dough?

BTW they all look great. I have to try the ranch idea, had it a pie shops before, but never done it at home

Chuck did you make three batches of dough or does that recipe make that much dough
I did 3 batches of dough. I think in one batch I forgot to put salt in, because it rose more than the others, the plan was for thin crust pizzas, and two were thin as desired, one wasn't as thin, but it was not bad at all. Because my pizzas were bigger than 10 inches, I only got one pizza per batch

Here's Barb's recipe for the dough:

Barb said:
Homemade Thin Crust Pizza

Makes two 10 inch pizzas:

¾ cups lukewarm water
1 teaspoon active dry or instant yeast
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt

Combine the water and yeast in a mixing bowl, and stir to dissolve the yeast. The mixture should look like thin miso soup. Add the flour and salt to the bowl and mix until you’ve formed a shaggy dough.

Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface with corn meal on it. Knead until all the flour is incorporated, and the dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. The dough should still feel moist and slightly tacky. If it’s sticking to your hands and counter top like bubble gum, work in more flour one tablespoon at a time until it is smooth.

If you have time at this point, you can let the dough rise until you need it or until doubled in bulk (about an hour and a half). After rising, you can use the dough or refrigerate it for up to three days.

Cover the dough with the upside down mixing bowl or a clean kitchen towel while you prepare the pizza toppings. Roll out dough on corn meal counter until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick. If the dough starts to shrink back, let it rest for five minutes and then continue rolling. I put corn meal on my peel to transfer it to either the grill or pizza stone. Bake about 10 minutes or until the crust is done

Great looking pizza, next time you are fixing pizza I'll be over. Just need 2 days notice to get there.
Will give Barbs recipe a try soon.

Back