Sunday Pig Day

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

This has been a brutal week of work and constant rain so today we chose to celebrate. We decided to tribute the humble pig with a festival of porkiness of Bacchanalian proportions. Today I prepared pork three ways by spinning up an Italian sausage stuffed pork loin roulade over-wrapped in a bacon weave. Below are some pictures of the proceedings.

Stuffing Under Way (Homemade Italian Sausage, Spinach, Feta, Onions, & Garlic)

Bacon Weave and Other Ingredients Staged for Roast Preparation

Stuffing the Roulade

Rolled, Weaved, Drizzled with EVOO, Rubbed with Montreal Steak, & Tied - Ready for the Spit

After 15 Minutes Indirect and Pretty Hot

Late in the Cook - Looking Awesome - Pulled at 150 Internal

Resting Prior to Carving

Plated​

This turned out really well. The family really enjoyed it. I particularly liked the crispy texture and flavor provided by the bacon. Kari's rustic garlic-butter-asparagus was a perfect accompaniment. The stuffing was good but I was a bit disappointed in the cheese and felt that it could have been bolder. Next time I will use blue or Gorgonzola instead of the feta to give it more of a tang. All in all a great meal to celebrate the return of the sun on Sunday. Thanks for looking

Regards,

John

Looks delicious from my house, John. We're all our own worst critics. It keeps us trying again and again to improve ;)

John, that is one awesome job you did and it looks so yummy. Perfect cook and last couple of pics tells the story!:D

Back