Macaroni & Cheese - haven't tried it yet - looks good tho

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015825-creamy-macaroni-and-cheese

Posting it here 'cause it looks so good I want to go to the store & make it right now....

.....soon

Creamy-Macaroni-and-Cheese2006-articleLarge.jpg

wow that does look good. I have to be honest in that I don't like mac n cheese made with all cheddar cheese , but I would mix in some American or maybe some Colby. but that does look great.

Same way Mark? I made it today with Extra Sharp from Tilamook but haven't tried it yet----had a few beers and I'm just not hungry at all (rare problem for me). I added dehydrated red & green peppers, went heavy on the Cayenne..... I say double the recipe, at least noodle-wise.

11149396_10204097244133281_5482765411723444932_n.jpg

2 tablespoons butter
1 cup cottage cheese (not lowfat)
2 cups milk (not skim)
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Pinch cayenne
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound sharp or extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
½ pound elbow pasta, uncooked.

PREPARATION
Heat oven to 375 degrees and position an oven rack in upper third of oven. Use 1 tablespoon butter to butter a 9-inch round or square baking pan.
In a blender, purée cottage cheese, milk, mustard, cayenne, nutmeg and salt and pepper together. Reserve ¼ cup grated cheese for topping. In a large bowl, combine remaining grated cheese, milk mixture and uncooked pasta. Pour into prepared pan, cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.
Uncover pan, stir gently, sprinkle with reserved cheese and dot with remaining tablespoon butter. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes more, until browned. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.

Thanks for the great ideas Clint! There's just something about mac and cheese, from the blue box to the gourmet version you post here!

Oh that does look good! Never tried adding cottage cheese, usually add sour cream, bacon and diced jalapenos.

Tim

Back