Hawaiian Pie

You crushed it Nate!!! What do you use as a lid on your KP?

That's a large electrical pull can cover from one of my subs. Some times I would use the Mojoe griddle upside down for the lid but that thing is heavy. But in 2 days I should have my KP baking steel for the lid. I got one since they were on sale.

I had never thought I'd like the whole ham and pineapple pizza. I tried my first ever at Psycho Suzi's Motor Lounge in Minneapolis and it was great. Yours looks as good if not better! Well done.

Great looking pie Nate! Brought back memories for me, My friend Janne from Sweden always wanted pineapple on his pies! Thank you!

Nate, Pizza looks great as usual. Did you cook just the one pie? I ran into a dilemma on Saturday where I wanted to cook just one pizza for an appetizer. I was having a hard time trying to justify burning all the fuel needed by the Kettle Pizza for one pizza. So, I just threw it in the oven. Looking at your thread I think I should have used the KP.

Fedex dropped off my KP STEEL yesterday. I can't wait to grill up another pie using this instead of my jerry rigged stuff.:cool:

Nate, Congrats on the new steel. can you compare the new KP steel to when you cook with the mojo on top? I made a 22 1/2" round steel without the holes in it and was wondering if the holes help with the cook or just make it easier to add fuel. I can always bring it back to work and throw it on the plasma cutter to add some holes but not sure if it would be needed/helpful. Thanks.

Nate, Congrats on the new steel. can you compare the new KP steel to when you cook with the mojo on top? I made a 22 1/2" round steel without the holes in it and was wondering if the holes help with the cook or just make it easier to add fuel. I can always bring it back to work and throw it on the plasma cutter to add some holes but not sure if it would be needed/helpful. Thanks.

You have access to a plasma cutter? If I had only known... do you have access to a shear because I have some ss I need cut?

I'll post some pics after a cook.

Interesting lid. I'm surprised how big the holes are. I put my plow disc on top of my KP on my last cook and was quite happy with the results. It fits the top snugly, no air escape except through the front. We'll have to have a cook off Nate :)

Back