Pizza Night

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Decided to do some pizza tonight. It was 80 degrees here today. Although we're still in an ongoing drought and really need the rain, it was a perfect night to bbq. Did three pizzas this time. Also did some cinnamon twists as a "side".

Made the dough from scratch for the twists. Not sure it's worth the trouble, but it was fun.

Here's most of the prep for the pizza's.

Getting the stone heated up.

Got some oak chunks on the coals to stoke the fire.

Pizza #1, Ham and Pineapple. Used store bought dough for all three pizza's.

Done.

Pizza #2. Mushroom, Sausage and Olive. On the stone.

Done.

Continued......

Last edited:
Pizza #3, Veggie. RBP, Onion, Mushroom, Olives and Artichoke Hearts.

Had to pop them in the oven to keep warm while the pizza twists finished up. I forgot to get a shot of them on the grill but I did them on my 22 OTS, indirect for about 15 minutes.

Twists done.

Veggie and twists for my wife.

Mushroom, Sausage and Olive for me. Put a tin of anchovies on this pizza too. Love the fish!

That's it for the pizza pic's. We're having the ham and pineapple tonight. Nothing better than left over pizza.

If you like doing pizza's, I really recommend you get a set of these.

Pizza Spinners from Kettle Pizza.

They are pricy but really simplify the process of spinning the pizza's. They work fantastic. Another Christmas present from my wife! Thanks for looking everyone!

Last edited:
Perfect pies AND perfect dessert. I need to give you my number so that you can give me notice and I'll make the drive for some delicious pies and I'll bring the brew.

AWSOME lookin pies Cliff! Bet they tasted great. :cool:

Here the cheap alternative someone suggested for pizza spinner. Can't remember who suggested it though.

From the Dollar Tree and just bend the tips. Works great.

Also, are you using cornmeal? Looks like it in the photo. If so, give semolina flour a try. Just my preference.

AWSOME lookin pies Cliff! Bet they tasted great. :cool:

Here the cheap alternative someone suggested for pizza spinner. Can't remember who suggested it though.

From the Dollar Tree and just bend the tips. Works great.

Also, are you using cornmeal? Looks like it in the photo. If so, give semolina flour a try. Just my preference.

Yeah, don't blame you for going with the forks. Thirty bucks is a bit steep. Actually my wife paid $35 during the Christmas season. Now they've dropped down to thirty. Oh well. What I like about them is the length, 18". They have that 90 degree claw on the end and really work great. Yes, I've been using cornmeal. I'll give semolina flour a try too. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Eighty huh, I'd be out there grilling some pies too! Those pies look really good and the twists too!

Everything looks wonderful it must be time to make some more pies. Will give the twists a dry for sure.

Yeah, don't blame you for going with the forks. Thirty bucks is a bit steep. Actually my wife paid $35 during the Christmas season. Now they've dropped down to thirty. Oh well. What I like about them is the length, 18". They have that 90 degree claw on the end and really work great. Yes, I've been using cornmeal. I'll give semolina flour a try too. Thanks for the tip.

Another alternative, waiting to be delivered:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00N0L5Q6O/tvwb-20

61x0Bva4bYL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Got some oak chunks on the coals to stoke the fire.

So this is how you set up your 22?" Basically push all the coals to one side (the back?) add some wood and that's how you do it on the kettle? Might have to give this a try, but it's going to be hard to switch from the WSM, I'm pretty comfortable with using it

You should do what works for you Chuck. Your pizzas look fantastic and the folks on the board think so too! Yeah, I push the charcoal to the back side of the kettle, kind of in a U configuration, then top with my dry oak chunks.

Back