Weber One Touch vs performer

Michael BB

Weber Master Touch vs performer silver

Is the small side table and cart worth the extra $100 or am I good with the 3 legs and use the $100 toward accessories?

Last edited:
Well, from my perspective, it is worth the money for the performer. Having the attached table alone makes my life easier. It also looks better and is much more stable. Besides, it looks great. Just my two cents.

Both grills will cook the same. It just depends on what you want and will use. If you need/want the side table, then buy the performer. If there are other accessories you would rather have, then buy the Mastertouch. A third option would be to look at buying the 26.75" grill as well.

Over history three legged kettles outnumber Performers by a massive amount. Three legged kettles are as stable as anything three legged....probably more than some.

My first kettle was a Performer. I stupidly sold it some years ago. The gas lighting assist is a nice feature. The work table is a nice feature. The charcoal storage isn't something that I particularly liked (dirty around areas that I used for food prep and hard to remove compared to just grabbing the bag in the corner of the garage). If you are going to move your kettle every time you use it and want the gas lighter, then Performer it is. If you're looking for the best bang for your buck, with the least amount of bucks going out...you'll never be sorry you own a Weber Kettle...even a basic one.

Is the small side table and cart worth the extra $100 or am I good with the 3 legs and use the $100 toward accessories?
Your question specifies the Performer Silver vs. The Mastertouch.
The Silver has a nice stable base, but the small flip-up table barely provides enough room to lay down your tongs. There is no gas assist or charcoal storage on the Silver.
The Mastertouch has the new pin lock legs that are supposed to be very stable. It also comes with the upgraded gourmet grate, warming rack and tool hooks!
If I were getting one or the other it would be the Mastertouch. YMMV.

I haven't read what everyone else has to say, but for me, my the cart and propane starter are worth their weight in gold.
Gold I say.

I have the 22OTG which is a great grill, only reason I don't lust after a Performer is my limited space where I keep the cookers, I'd go for the Performer if you got room, had to buy a table for use with the kettle.

I think if space is a consideration , the performer is a good setup....nice and compact. Myself , I have so much room and tables galore so to me I'd rather have just the kettle as another cooking option. I just put it right next to one of my patio tables and cook away. I feel like the gas assist is a pretty cool option too , but never having had it , I don't guess I miss it. Well , the bottom line is....its up to you! Good luck.

Last edited:
Performer is my favorite grill hands down. All of the features that I thought "can't be that big of a deal", are in fact, "that big of a deal". I can't imagine using a regular 3-legged Kettle. The only reason I like the Jumbo Joe so much is because it's so close to the ground I've got plenty of 'table space'.

I have had an OTS for years. Last year I was able to get a Performer off of Craigslist and I absolutely love the Performer for all of the above mentioned features plus one I didn't expect. The added height of the Performer kettle turns out to be my favorite feature. Being 6'6" the OTS always felt to low.

Michael, I just got the Performer last Friday, and I already love the table and gas assist lighter! I set it so that the table is next to my 22.5 WSM also, perfect setup!

Back