New Performers

Wayne Thompson

I have been looking at the Performer Platinum for some time now. I have not been able to justify the purchase as I still have a Weber gasser that still works great. I just noticed that Weber has made some changes to the Performer line up. So far I can tell that the wheels are more solid, the work table is metal, there is a heat shield on the lid handle, and the charcoal bin looks different. The gas ignition model is called a Performer Deluxe now. Does anyone know how much these new models will cost? I will be disappointed if they are much more that the platinum after I waited!

Sorry, no idea what they cost. Take a look on Amazon. That's where I purchased my Performer in 2006. I love the heck out of it. My gasser has been collecting dust since I got my Performer. The propane ignition makes it possible to grill every night. When you're done, you close the vents, and it's all ready to go the next night (just a little fresh charcoal is needed).

The new one is nice, very nice. But I paid $50.00 for a 2nd gen at an estate sale in excellent condition and I can't see the $400 difference. I would try watching craigslist and see if you can find a nice clean one for much less than new.

The new one is nice, very nice. But I paid $50.00 for a 2nd gen at an estate sale in excellent condition and I can't see the $400 difference.
I paid $125 for mine in '09, a CL find.

A few weeks back Amazon had a green Deluxe for $399 that I lusted after, and was set to buy.
But first I emailed Jim Lampe and asked him to talk me out of it, thinking he would say "Just buy the darn thing Bob!"
Instead he questioned how much better or different it would be or cook than my old one.
His reasoning was sound, so I resisted, and very glad I did.
As much as I like shiny and new, I like a good bargain even better.

edit to add,
seems the going price for these, in all colors, is $399, not sure why it's $454 at Amazon

Last edited:
Sweet! Thanks for the reply Chris. A $50 difference between the platinum and deluxe does not seem that bad with the new features. Happy holidays!

Back