Christmas Beef Sticks

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Still working on my stuffing and smoking skills on Beef Sticks. The first batch lasted about a day, the second batch, which was 4 pounds of meat lasted Thanksgiving Weekend. I had one stick out of that batch. So, with all the rain we've been having, I decided to do one final batch before the end of the year. Wasn't going to post it, but I pulled out just a few. What the heck.

I did six pounds of Top Sirloin this time. These things aren't cheap and they are a lot of work, but it's fun and I enjoy it.

Here's the meat.

Got them all stuffed. Didn't show any of that as I've done it a couple times already.

On the WSM.

After about 7 hours running at 160 to 180.

That's it. Going to try some sausage next. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Looks really good!! Would love some more info. I doubt I can get my 22.5 WSM to that low of a temperature but It would be worth a try!

You can't put a price on that Cliff. I know the end result is well worth more than the initial purchase.
And, if you have any extras...

Looks really good!! Would love some more info. I doubt I can get my 22.5 WSM to that low of a temperature but It would be worth a try!

Jose... Check out my two other posts on sticks a few weeks ago for more detail. Just didn't want to be redundant. If you want to see the real deal, check out Morgan's post on same. I've linked it below. Also, your 22 wsm with do fine at that temp, that's what I used. Use the snake method. Use three rings. Should hold pretty solid.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?55359-First-time-beef-stick-snacks

Looking good Cliff..I just did a round with Chuck roast over the weekend...worked really well and was a bit easier on the pocket book!! Tasted perfect!!

Good job!!

Back