Smoked Boudin Stuffed Pest Pork Loin on the Rotisserie

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

My boys asked me last week to do another boudin stuffed pork loin. Today I finally got around to making one. I had decided to try slathering my next one in Creole Mustard but when I looked in the pantry I discovered we are out of it. Consequently, I went to Plan B and decided to use some store bought pesto we had in the fridge.

Getting Ready to Start - Pork Loin, Smoked Boudin (Billy's Boudin in Scott, LA), EVOO, Pesto, Garlic Salt, and Montreal Steak

Stuffed, Slathered, Spitted and Waiting for the Magic

Spinning Up Early in the Cook

Mid Cook - Basted with Pesto

Near the End - Internal 135 (Pulled at 145)

Resting with some Cheesy Garlic Italian Bread

Plated with Bread and Kari's Awesome Bacon-Garlic-Butter-Broccoli

Well the family really enjoyed this version of an old family favorite. It will definitely go into the rotation. I was surprised that I didn't pick up a lot of the pesto flavor. It was very subtle but worked well. It formed a very crunchy coating that added to the texture of the dish. Smoked boudin is awesome and was the star of this dish. I had worried about mixing pesto and the MS seasoning so I went pretty light with the MS. In fact they played well together and when I do it again, I will definitely not be scared of the MS.

Thanks for looking...

Regards,

John

Last edited:
That looks great.
Would love to try it, unfortunately I haven't a clue as to where to get boudin in San Diego.

Looks great, John. If you want a little more flavor from the pesto, maybe rub and let it sit for several hours?

Back