Dual Spinnin' Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Last Sunday, in the friendly confines of the P1G, the 22" WSM was set-up with a single layer of USED unlit Kingsford...
a ¾ full chimney of lit Kingsford atop that...
waterpan removed and the Cajun Bandit Reversible rotisserie ring in place.

IMG_1549.JPG

two racks of St Louie style pork spare ribs were threaded on spits from an add-on kit I purchased a week prior

IMG_1553.JPG

apple and cherry wood was burning / smoking well beneath the meat...
here is a brief 45 second clip of them turning... buckle up man, this is intense!

[video=youtube;qONVO70KFQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qONVO70KFQ0[/video]

that ▲ was just a few minutes after getting them on the WSM...
here ▼ are a few photos during the lengthy 2 hour cruise...

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

only rub on these ribs: Penzeys BBQ3000 + Galena Street on one, the other BBQ300 + Blues Hog Rub

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1562.JPG

IMG_1563.JPG

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

the dome temp was pretty steady at 310ºF... did not go much higher than that... 313 maybe...
lower three daisy wheel vents were adjusted before the cook started and they were set about ¼ open if that...

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

after a few minutes longer than two hours, I removed the ribs to rest... they probably coulda gone another ½ hour.

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

but lemme tellya, once ya started eetin'em, there was no stopping!

IMG_1577.JPG

Sen~Sation~Al!! Love It! Tender, Juicy, Succulent Barbecued pork spares in just over two hours!
Thank you all for stoppin' by!

Looks great Jim. What's the biggest difference in taste between using the roti and smoking on the rack w/ the water pan?

Nice lookin ribs Jimmy! Did some today L&S took only 4hrs. Still pretty good for ribs. I have to say that my rib game has definitely been much better lately. Thx for the post!

Double your pleasure, double your fun........

twins.jpg

Dang Jimmy that was one fine rib cook!
Dang Jimmy that was one fine rib cook!
Loved the video too!
Loved the video too!
thumbs-up%20small.jpg
thumbs-up%20small.jpg

Jim,those are some amazing looking pig bones! I got a couple slabs I'm doing this weekend. I only hope they turn out as nice as those looked!

Great color while those ribs were turning. Now if you had a clear cover for the smoker, I might have stood there mesmerized watching them spin for the entire cook.

Well Jim that's a homer for sure! Just a little over two hours that's amazing, they really look great!

Back