Fried Chicken Thighs

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
IMO best way to do fried chicken is on the grill, no messy grease splatter to clean up, can let the chicken finish cooking indirect without the batter burning, and the chicken gets a light smoky taste to it too.

Chicken dredged in some Louisiana Chicken Fry and then fried in a CI skillet and finished up indirect.

Chicken done and resting. Actually there are a few more pieces on the grill, but enough are done for me to take this pic and start eating, I was hongry!!

Plated with some Red beans and rice that was cooked on the grill too, and collard green that were done on the stove.

mannn that looks good! i havent fried anything in the house for a long time bc of the mess it makes. although it does make the whole house smell delicious!

John, that's some awesome looking chicken! We've use the Louisiana Fish Fry on chicken and it's great.

Great looking southern meal, perfected on the West Coast! Excellent!!!! Now time to open the windows and let the collard cook smell out :) Man them things stink when they are cooking, but sooooo good to eat. Did you put hot sauce on the greens?

Like that outside idea so there isn't any mess to clean up and that plate looks great.
Like Barb said we us their fish fry as it's the lowest in sodium they have. I add some of the various Weber or Mrs. Dash seasonings to the fish fry mix to change the flavor profiles, works really well on chicken.

Man, that looks soooo good! Definitely could go for some of that chicken right about now.

Nicely done, John!!

Thank looks delicious, never though of frying outside.

The wife wont let me fry these days as it makes to much mess, but you sir have given frying freedom once again.

Back