Need help with repair

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I damaged my weber performer table. I know better than to lift and move the grill from the end of the table. So eventually it broke. :(

How can I repair this?

Buy another used performer, take the best parts off the two into one, and then sell the worst of the two for whatever you can get
This one looks like the table is in good shape

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/app/4552002465.html

00y0y_clclw81LNbB_600x450.jpg

Tony,

If you don't want to replace the whole table, here is one route you can go:

http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-plasticweld-putty/

Also if you have a heat gun you can probably heat it up and "weld" it back together. They sell plastic welding rods for this also. We have done this on our kayaks before.

If you have a little mechanical skill it is doable. If not I would got the replacement table route as suggested

Must be a common mistake, I tried moving my Performer by lifting it by the table and cracked mine too. I just left it as is and figured I would replace it when it got too bad. It hasn't gotten any worse and its been probably 2 years since I first cracked it.

I second the JB weld or some product like that, and to take the pressure off that can you add a handle/ towel bar to that end of the grill so it doesn't happen again?

You could remove it and use it as a template to make a new top out of wood. Or just leave be and say the grill has character !!

Like a couple others suggested, there has to be some sort of JB Weld or multi-part epoxy solution to fix this. Spend a few bucks trying it..........if it doesn't work then it'll probably be in such disrepair at that point that it makes sense to either make a custom wood replacement table or order one from eReplacementParts.

I'm not familiar with Performer tables but from the photo it looks like it can be crossdrilled in 2 directions and fastened with machine screws. Yes, the repair would be noticeable but I put function over aesthetics, and if the table's ever replaced the holes in the tube would be covered up. Or the other side could be drilled to match.;)

Hard to tell from the pictures but are those cracks or scratches that run to the end of the table? If they are scratches, maybe you can put a wide stainless steel washer under the Bolt head? Then washer all the bolts so they match.

These cracks are common on this type of table top. And as John said they do not get any larger in most cases if just left alone. But from seeing Tony's posts he takes care of his equipment so there is a few things you can do. first find a epoxy glue that is good to use outside, in the cold and wet. Find one you can add color to,or is already of a close color, like JB WELD is a gray color. To prepare the area you will need to give the epoxy a tooth or enough area to grab on to, so use a utility knife or better a Dremlil tool and cut a "V" into the crack like you would with drywall. Next I would use that same tool and drill holes about a 1/4 inch outside the crack so you can use thin wire to baseball stitch the crack,in aircraft we would use .025,or .032 wire. anyway lace and bring the two ends together under the table and twist together which tightens up the wire cut it about a inch long tuck next to frame so it will not cut anyone later. then mix and fill the crack, i would do it in two layers rough up the first layer to get the second to stick well, and use a little soapy water to smooth out the final coat let dry. This should never crack again I have used this type of repair on Helicopter windshields till you can get the replacement parts.
Sorry so wordy and long.

As you stated Tony use a large area washer to reduce the pressure. you could add the same washer to all the bolts to even out the look,even countersink them to level out the look and feel.

Last edited:
I would check with Weber. You could make a case that the table is designed to lift. Why the wheels on opposite end if otherwise? I roll mine all the time with no problem. I'm curious though, what is that hole drilled in the table (right along the crack line?) Looks like that weakened the table and allowed the crack. I'm not familiar with all models of Performer though and it might be made that way. Short of any assistance from Weber, I would take Rich's info and just order a new one. Over and done with.

Have you called Weber yet? My father dropped a ladder on his Performer about 2 weeks ago and cracked his table. Completely his fault but I had him call Weber anyways. At the worst, they could help him order a new one. Weber Support took his information and his sob story then said to him, "OK, a new table should arrive in about 2-3 weeks." Lucky him, no charge. IMHO, Weber support does a great job. It might be worth at least calling.

Have you called Weber yet? My father dropped a ladder on his Performer about 2 weeks ago and cracked his table. Completely his fault but I had him call Weber anyways. At the worst, they could help him order a new one. Weber Support took his information and his sob story then said to him, "OK, a new table should arrive in about 2-3 weeks." Lucky him, no charge. IMHO, Weber support does a great job. It might be worth at least calling.

Weber already replaced the table once.

Back