Genesis rotisserie modified to work on an E-310?

Tork T

TVWBB Member
Hi there,

I have a Genesis 3200 (platinum II series), and I just bought a new E-310. The E-310 is a bit wider than the Genesis so my rotisserie spindle doesn't quite fit into the E-310 firebox slots correctly.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem without spending to much money to do so?

Thanks

I just picked up an E320 off CL and have the same problem the box on my Genesis 1000 is about 2" shorter and the rotisserie mounts are the same but the rod is too short at the motor end and I'm not going to pay $100 for one from Weber which is a cheap piece of crap.

I took the wooden handle off my old Genesis 3200 spit, and the length of the spit would allow it to work on my E-310 but the handle would need to be shortened. I'd need a machine shop to use a lathe and create a smooth area that would sit in the E-310's rotisserie notch. The machine shop wants $48 to perform the lathe work.

On the internet there is a place that sells spits for all kinds of BBQs. The place is called one grill dot com. The spit we needs costs about 30 bucks.

I thought about making the notches on the E-310 larger to accommodate my current spit with two strategically placed sleeves of copper or some metal over the spit at the appropriate places.

I've done neither and will likely buy the longer spit on line.

Good luck-

Back