First Time Pulled Pork Enchiladas and A New Turn on Tony R's Rice

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wasn’t going to do this tread until I remembered that a bunch of you gave me some tips on what to do with all the leftover pulled pork the wife and I had.
I did the taco thread, so I figured I ought to do this one too because it came out so good and to let everyone know I am using the great advice given to me.
Tonight’s adventure was PP enchiladas, not a lot of pictures or startling results just some great tasting food.
Started out with the leftover pulled pork, about one pound, added a half teaspoon each of Spice Hunter Fajita Seasoning Blend and Spice Hunter Mexican Seasoning Blend to the pork. For each enchilada a corn tortilla a little green onion, pulled pork mix, a 4 cheese blend Mexican cheese. Covered with enchilada sauce, more cheese, green onions and black olives. Bake in a 350 oven for 40-45 minuets. Came out great! The PP really added another level of flavors we have never had before.
Also did Tony and Maribel’s Rice and refried beans, but made a little change to the rice. I had some leftover enchilada sauces so I substituted that for the tomato sauce and wow did that kick the flavors up a couple of notches. The rice is great either way but my new go to will be with the enchilada sauce.
Enciladas001_zpsfa680517.jpg

Enciladas016_zpsf0098007.jpg

Enciladas004_zps5414bffc.jpg

Enciladas012_zpse9c217df.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and again thanks to all for the great tips and ideas you’re all so willing to share.

Looks yummy! I know my wife and I love having PP tacos & enchiladas. Gonna do a shoulder this weekend, if it survives to left overs I'm gonna lobby for enchiladas. Thanks for the idea!

Back