I am too looking for a Heatermeter 4.1 PCB

I just ordered a set, which they estimate will be ready March 23. I'll have 1 and possibly 2 spares. I planned to wait until I had them in hand to offer them, but if it will save you from ordering a whole set on your own, you can have dibs on one of mine.

Kelly, if you're looking for someone to take dibs on your last one, I'm interested in one as well. I can pay you now if it helps.

FYI, to anyone with spare boards; the ENIG circuit board does have a shelf life. It's hard to say exactly what that will be but over time the circuit boards's finish will start to oxidize and that causes soldering problems. So, the moral to the story is a) if you have spare boards store them away from high humidity and temperatures and b) sell them off if you don't plan to use them within a year or so.......

Great to know Rob, especially since I need to spend some significant time practicing my soldering before I get started on this one. :)

Once I get my boards, I'll check in with the original poster. If he's not around, I'll move down this thread, PM-ing for a taker. I've got a local friend who's taking one of them, so I'll only have one extra.

I'll throw my name into the ring for a 4.1 board as well.

Since Nordland is in the running for Kelly's 3rd board. If Eric or Willie order the 3 pack, I can be the 3rd and we're good to go. I'd offer to buy and ship them, but since Eric and Willie are in the US, it'll be simpler to mail 1 to Canada, vs mailing 2 to the US.

I ordered 3, and they should arrive at the end of the month. I will have 1 immediately available to ship. I will have the second one available after I complete building mine, just in case I mess something up. ;)

I just ordered 3 from OSHPark. I will definitely have 1 extra and maybe 2 if I don't screw the first one up. I will post here when I get them. I will PM guys going down the list in order to see if you are still interested. In case anyone hasn't ordered because you think it'll be difficult, it really could not have been easier.

I'm interested in a 4.1 board also. I can order a 3-pack if there are others still in need. Are the 4.1 boards "good to go"? I read somewhere about a ground wire fix and some scratching needed on the board. Seems everyone is moving forward with it?

Let me know if there are other takers and I'll just order 3.

I received mine yesterday, and have had 2 takers today. Doesn't seem like its too hard to get rid of extra boards thankfully. While I haven't got to play with a HeaterMeter yet, it seems like a really awesome project.

I received mine yesterday, and have had 2 takers today. Doesn't seem like its too hard to get rid of extra boards thankfully. While I haven't got to play with a HeaterMeter yet, it seems like a really awesome project.

ordered 3 - will post when they arrive.

I don't get it. What are these things? Are they bought or built? Is this an Internet controlled BBQ Guru or something? I've been trying to find a thread giving a basic explanation, but I can't seem to find it.

Back